Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pictures

<


The other day I was walking around my neighborhood and decided to take a variety of pictures with my digital camera. The first three are of an abandoned house that sits at the end of my street. The following Bible verses came to me as I was taking them..

1). "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." - Luke 13:35

2). "For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." - 2 Corinthians 5:1

3). "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you. Ye shallnot see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." - Matthew 23:38-39

The next picture is of a scarecrow that someone had put on a cross in their frontyard as a Halloween decoration. It reminded me of another verse. I knocked on the owners door and gave him a tract and left him after he said that his house was a Christian home and that he was just having some fun. Anyway, this is the verse that prompted me..

4). 1 Corinthians 2:2 - "For I determined to not know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

The last picture is one of a cat that was sitting in the middle of the road as I was walking by. I'm surprised it let me get as close as I did. Unfortunately, it ran off before he would let me pet him. This is the passage that came to me:

5). "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth travaileth in pain together until now. And not only the, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is not seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." - Romans 8:18-25